cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence streaming cable TV

undercover921
Level 1
Level 1

So at my site I have a couple different Telepresence systems. Can cable TV be hookup to a Telepresence screen. My Head of Office has the SX80 model in his office. Or like a device like the Fire Stick.

Cisco TelePresence SX80
Cisco TelePresence MX800
Cisco TelePresence MX200 G2
Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you connect the cable box directly to the screens HDMI port I'm sure that will work, that takes the Cisco hardware out of the picture, not what you asked originally

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

You can hook up any HDMI source to the HDMI input and it will work unless it's using HDCP protection, which (I believe) most cable boxes use nowadays. If it does, it won't work, you'd have to use something externally to strip it. I'm not sure if Firesticks use HDCP or not. 

Newer Cisco endpoints (Room Kit, Room Kit +, etc) do allow HDCP in, but nothing before that. 

Hope this helps!

Even if I just connected to screen's HDMI a cable box or HDCP protection device it will not work?

If you connect the cable box directly to the screens HDMI port I'm sure that will work, that takes the Cisco hardware out of the picture, not what you asked originally

@PJMack wrote:

Newer Cisco endpoints (Room Kit, Room Kit +, etc) do allow HDCP in, but nothing before that. 

I believe it's only the Cisco Webex Room 55 that currently supports local HDCP content (only when using the HDMI 2 input).  The Cisco Webex Room KitCisco Webex Room Kit Plus and currently available Cisco Webex Room 70 model also do not do HDCP content yet.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

undercover921
Level 1
Level 1
True, just asking.

Thanks,