Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Telepresence Systems Port Numbers

Not applicable

Hi

I'm new to this forum and have a question about CISCO Teleconferencing units. We have a LifeSize Team 220 teleconferencing system. I recently tried to communicate with a CISCO Telepresence system. I was able to connect, but could not see or hear the distant party - just a black screen with the distant party's IP address. The distant party could see me, but couldn't hear me. I would assume this to be a port issue on our firewall. Since I don't know the model or serial number of the CISCO unit that was used during this process, my question is if there's a general rule or general set of port numbers used for CISCO Teleconferencing units that I would need to open on our firewall for the communication process to be a success?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

Joe Vallender
Level 3
Level 3

This should be moved to the TELEPRESENCE group discussion.

What gatekeeper/firewall might be involved? What kind of network connection is used, internet/MPLS? Is this SIP or H.323?  What dialing procedure are you using, IP address/URL?

You might initiate a packet capture at the originating end to see what is happening.  This may also give information as to model and software version of the far end.

Also, the Cisco TP endpoint may be registered to a Call Manager which is affecting the media traffic.

Cisco documentation generally has the port number ranges used by endpoints, but may vary by model.

Hi Joe

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Network connection is high-speed cable/Ethernet connected to a SonicWALL TZ600 using NAT. Protocol is H.323. We don't use SIP at this time. Our public IP is mapped to a LifeSize Team 220 call system utilizing NAT. We're dialing using an IP address, for incoming and outgoing video conferencing, with certain ports open on the firewall. The distant party has not provided me with a CISCO model number however, so I don't know what type of CISCO call system they are using. The tech who I spoke with is a contractor, so he may not know a whole lot about the system.

Thank you!