Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TMS HTML Template

David Anstee
Level 4
Level 4

We are customizing the Cisco TMS template and encountering two problems;

1. There does not appear to be a 'Conference ID' field that can be used within the template, there is a URI field to provide the full dial string (e.g. 123456@company.com) but not just the Conference ID itself (e.g. 123456). I have searched the support forums and it appears this is a common ask, with no answer. Can anyone provide any further clarification to this?

2. My bigger problem is that I am having problems using a VAL: more than once in the email template. If I reference the VAL: several times, it will work on the first instance of it, but not for any future references within the HTML code?

If anyone can help, I would sure appreciate it :)

5 Replies 5

Regarding your first question, it depends what you are using.

If you are using Conductor, then you have to use the "Video Address" variable, but you can change that in your Conductor settings so that the meeting ID doesn't have a domain (e.g. 123%).  It will populate in the template as sip:123XX, but depending on your outlook settings the "sip:" portion will probably stay hidden.

If you are using MCU or CMS, the "Numeric_ID" variable should work.

Not sure on your second question, I never had any issues using it twice.

Thanks Nick, appreciate the assistance.

For the second issue, is it perhaps because we are using the section variables twice?

For instance, the area of the HTML that works fine is this:

<SECTION:VIDEO_ADDRESS>

<FOREACH:VIDEO_ADDRESS_PROTOCOL>

<FOREACH:ZONE>

<FOREACH:VIDEO_ADDRESS>

{CUSTOM_TEXT_1} <VAL:VIDEO_ADDRESS> {CUSTOM_TEXT_2}

</FOREACH:VIDEO_ADDRESS>

</FOREACH:ZONE>

</FOREACH:VIDEO_ADDRESS_PROTOCOL>

</SECTION:VIDEO_ADDRESS>

But then later in the HTML code we reference it again

<SECTION:VIDEO_ADDRESS>

<FOREACH:VIDEO_ADDRESS_PROTOCOL>

<FOREACH:ZONE>

<FOREACH:VIDEO_ADDRESS>

{SKYPE_LINK} <a href="sip:<VAL:VIDEO_ADDRESS>"><VAL:VIDEO_ADDRESS></span></a> {SKYPE_LINK2}

</FOREACH:VIDEO_ADDRESS>

</FOREACH:ZONE>

</FOREACH:VIDEO_ADDRESS_PROTOCOL>

</SECTION:VIDEO_ADDRESS>

Could it be because we are using the <SECTION:VIDEO_ADDRESS> twice?

I tested an email template with a variable listed twice in many difference areas, outside and inside it's appropriate section within the template.  Appears TMS only supports one variable in the email template, and any duplicates are discarded.

Hi,

Did you find a workaround for this? I am trying to modify the template to also include a dial-in to CMS for Skype users using <VAL:VIDEO_ADDRESS> in <SECTION:CMS_WEBBRIDGE_ADDRESS>.

It's in that section because we only want the text to appear when CMS is involved.

As you stated the text never appears. Just wondering if there is another variable that can be used to get the same result?

If it's not being used already within the email template, is to take the <JOIN_FROM_LINKS> section and place it within the <CMS_WEBBRIDGE_ADDRESS> section.  The JOIN_FROM_LINKS section is built using the protocol handlers under Admin Tools > Configuration > Email Settings, this section only appears if any of these fields are populated