Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS control Prefix add

CraigLamb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to get VCS to add a prefix to a E.164 string e.g. 33333 becomes 4233333.

I have tried to do this using both the search rule and a transform but each time I test I still end up with a call that goes through as SIP rather the H.323, taking up a traversal license.

What i have tried is the following;

Transform

Priority      6

Pattern      Regex

String        33/d/d/d@domainname.com

Behaviour  Add prefix

Add text    42

Search Rule

Priority     "30"

Protocol   "H.323"

Source     "Any"

Auth        "No"

Mode       "Pattern Match"

Type        "Regex"

String       "33/d/d/d"

Behaviour  "Replace"

Replace    "4233/d/d/d"

Match       "Continue"

Target       "Local Zone"

If I test the transform it appears to work but in reality my call does not have the prefix added.

I have only ever had this working once but then I ended up with 2 calls one trversed and the other non-treversal.

The reason for this is we have an RMX 2000 bridge which only registers the permanent conferences as SIP and to dial them H.323 you need to first put in the prefix followed by the conf id. It is to make all dialling standard throughout our organisation.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Craig,

As your trying to send H323 to RMX, you replace string should not have "@domain.com", only the number.

Please, try to send only "42\1" and if it does not work, then try only "\1".

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Craig,

If you call from SIP to E.164 Alias (H.323) or H.323 ID the call consumes a Traversal License always in VCS.

The RMX2000 is working only in SIP as you said, ¿have you configure H323 in RMX? Have you configure a neighbor Zone between RMX adn VCS or are you using DMA?

To call to your RMX dial 4233...@domainname.com and from endpoint you want to dial 33.. prefix and add the prefix 42 in your VCS you have to configure the follwoing Search Rule (version X.7.2.x):

Mode: "Alias Pattern Match"

Pattern Type: "Regex"

Pattern String: "(33\d{3})"

Replace String: "42\1@domainname.com"

On successful match: "Stop"

Target: "Neighbor Zone to RMZ2000" for example

Then, from your endpoint you have to dial only 33001 for example, if you have more digits (four for example), change to \d{4}

Regards.

In addition, pay attention to your transforms configuration. For example, it is very common to have a transform that suffixs the domain portion when VCS receives a non URI string, normally a transform with the pattern ([^@]*) and replace \1@domain.com.

If you have a transform like that, then the search rules suggested above should have the "Pattern String" as

(33\d{3})@domain.com instead of simply (33\d{3}), otherwise, the call wont match the search rule. Furthermore, there are some generic SIP clients that sends the SIP URI with a strange string, something like "xxxx@domain.com;tls;5060". In this case, your "Pattern string" should be "(33\d{3})@domain.com.*"

Another important point is, in the search rule configuration, if you set the parameter protocol as "H323", that means that only H323 endpoints will be able to reach the rule, if you have SIP endpoints as well, I suggest you to leave that parameter as "Any".

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

CraigLamb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Thanks for the advice. I have tried this and what seems to happen is my endpoint rings and then the call fails. When i look at the call clearing on the VCS it states "Normal, unspecified No permission".

Why would there be no permission for the call. We are not using authentication.

Thanks

Hi Craig,

Please, describe better your environment. How is the integration between VCS and RMX? Neighbor Zone or registered directly? Os is there DMA involved? What are the conference numbers configured in your RMX? Are they registered to VCS correctly?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Our RMX is registered directly to the VCS. There is a prefix of 42 for H.323. It is also setup for SIP dialling as well.

We have no DMA.

As for Conf numbers I currently have 33333 and 33033 as active calls. These are currently registered directly as SIP aliases.

What I am trying to achieve is if I dial from Movi or SIP enabled device I dial 33333 and the call reaches the RMX as a SIP call. Likewise if I dial 33333 from a H.323 device it will go through the VCS add the prefix so that the call establishes on the RMX as a H.323 call.

The RMX basically only registers the prefix on the VCS for H.323 and not conferences, although the IDs do register as SIP aliases.

We have to Codian bridges as well but in there cases they register a conf ID as both SIP and H.323 so we have no issue.

We are basically trying to distribute a single number for conference dial in as people have been complaining of too many different variations for conferences.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Tell me something, if you dial from a SIP endpoint to the RMX's SIP aliases 33333@domain.com, does it work?

When you dial from H323 endpoint to the number 33333, the call will be translated to 4233333 and routed to the local zone where RMX is registered with the prefix 42. Can you check the search history of VCS to see if the call is really being routed to RMX? If yes, can you check in the RMX log wheteher the call is being reject?

Also, are you sure that you cannot registered the conference H323 aliases of the RMX directly to VCS instead of registering the 42 prefix? Not sure, but I think you should be able to register H323 33333 e164 number and SIP URI 333333@domain.com to VCS. Then I wouldn't need to use prefix, just like Codian MCU.

Regards

Paulo Souza

CraigLamb
Level 1
Level 1

Hey thanks for the update.

If I dial 33333@domain.com or just 33333 from a SIP device or Movi then the call goes through and establish onto the RMX as a SIP call.

Currently if you dial the same string from a H.323 device then the VCS is correctly traversing the call and converting it to SIP.

With the new rule in place SIP calls are still establishing on the RMX but now any calls from the H.323 devices are now being stopped. Looking at the call logs on the RMX the H.323 calls are not reaching it which suggests the VCS is forwarding into the wrong zone.

If I look at the call log on the VCS for a call into the RMX the endpoint looks to be in the Default Subzone can see the E.164 of the device. It then goes to the next stage which shows that the rule has worked and added the prefix 42 to the dial string. It also shows that the destination address is the RMX but the call does not start showing that the reason is "No permission". Again this is happening in the default subzone.

If I could get the conf IDs of the RMX to act like the IDs of tge Codian and register as both H.323 and SIP then this would make my life a lot easier but I can't see where I could do this.

Thanks again.

Hi Craig,

Maybe you have to configure the SearchRule for both H.323 and SIP protocol, not only SIP.

Regards.

Hi Craig,

To determine exactly the error cause, you should set diagnostic log in VCS to debug, then you go to "Network Log" page and see the H323 messages involved in a cal attempt to Polycom RMX, so that you can see if VCS is really routing the call correctlly and if polycom RMX is releasing the call for some reason.

In this case, just for testing, I suggest to you to try to create an H323 neighbor zone towards Polycom RMX, then you route H323 calls to this zone instead of routing to defaultsub zone. In the search rule configuration, you can try to send 33333 only or sending 4233333. When creating the neighbor zone, maybe you will have to try different profiles until you get the correct one.

Can you try this?

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paulo

I have run the network logs in debug mode and had a look. Rather than copy and paste them here is there a way of getting them to you?

Hi Craig,

In fact, as this is a public forum, that is not the proper place to post logs. But if you can, you can attach a file to your reply. It is better than paste the text on the page.

Meanwhile, can you try my suggestion regarding creating an H323 neighbor zone towards RMX?

Regards

Paulo Souza

This was my concern also. I have created a neighbour zone pointing at the RMX and i am still in the same situation.

I cannot attach the file to my post but from what I can see the rule is indeed adding the prefix but i do see the following quote;

Allow: INFO,MESSAGE,SUBSCRIBE,NOTIFY,UPDATE,REFER,INVITE,ACK,OPTIONS,CANCEL,BYE

The call is still going through and dial into the SIP 33033@192.168.......:5061

Hi Craig,

Please, post here the search rule you have configured to reach RMX via H323.

I am not considering SIP because you said that SIP already works fine.

Regards

Paulo Souza

The search rule;

Priority           "30"

Protocol         "H.323"     (I dont want SIP calls being caught up in the rule)

Source           "Any"

Auth               "No"

Mode              "Pattern Match"

Type               "Regex"

String              "(33\d{3})@domain.com

Behavior          "Replace"

String              "42\1@domain.com

Match             "Stop"

Target             "RMX Zone H.323"

If I change the zone to the default zone the problem is still there.