cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS search error No shared media codecs

mguguvcevski
Level 1
Level 1

VCS is returning a search error No shared media codecs when trying to establish a call to a Cisco 4500 Series MCU.

Has anyone come across this issue yet ? The codec is c20 on TC6.1

5 Replies 5

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi. Can you list the versions for MCU and VCS? Do you notice this on SIP to SIP calls? Interworking calls? Some more detail would be helpful to see what scenario it happens in . Let us know?

VR
Patrick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hello Patrick,

VCS version is X7.2, call is SIP to SIP, MCU as a neighbor zone on the VCS, MCU version 4.4(3.42)

Deregistering and reregistering the codec on the VCS solved the issue, but I am wondering about the root cause here.

Thanks

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I see it right TC6.1 is not released, so if its an beta ask your beta team,

if its not an EFT downgrade to a release version like TC6.0.1.

Check if there are any limits set on the codec selection. Starting with

a factory reset device might help as well.

Besides that, like Patrick also said, without more info there is not much to say,...

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI.  Its going to be hard to determine the reason why to be honest without looking at a log from MCU or VCS to see what the MCU didn't like or what was missing in SDP to/from MCU.  If your able to reproduce or the problem creeps up again, running H323/SIP log on MCU and pulling the event log from MCU would help.  Coupled with network log debug from VCS side as well.

Will keep trying in the lab to see if any combo's produce this.  But if you run into it again, would be nice to grab those logs if possible. 

VR

Patrick

Hi Patrick. I completely agree with you, it was just I really could not afford the time to do log collection and tshooting as this is a production environment. If the issue reappears I will try to isolate and get the logs.

My inital thought was that you possibly already had a TAC case on this, and you already roughly know where the problem is.

Thanks.