cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Video Device Registration - 12-digit pin enquiry

Abiola Fasakin
Level 1
Level 1

What would I need to do to get the 12-digit pin sent by Cisco when I purchase a Cisco Video device with Touch 10 Controller?

I recently watched some videos on Cisco Room Bar/Room Kit Plus setup based on my interest in purchasing one of them and noticed the 12-digit pin being requested during the Touch 10 Controller setup.

3 Replies 3

That registration key comes from Webex Calling if you register the device with that platform. If you register it with any other platform, like Communication Manager there is no registration key needed.

Apart from this the Touch 10 panels are end of sale since long. Now the units are shipped with a Webex Navigator panel.

Response Signature

Thank you @Roger Kallberg for your swift response,

If I use a Microsoft Teams Rooms license for either device (since the Cisco Room bar and Room Kit Plus are certified with Microsoft Teams), would I still need to register the device to Webex Calling/CUCM?

I don’t know for sure, I’ve never used a device in MTR mode, but I doubt it. Likely it’s stated in documentation. Have you read any of the available documentation?

Response Signature