Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Room Kit / SMP / TP

fp_av
Level 1
Level 1

Questions:

1) My understanding of the Cisco Webex Room Kit is that inorder to integrate with a CMS we need to have an SMP License. Is that right?

2) Does the SMP License also come with a TP License if we need to integrate with a CUCM?

3) The SMP License is based on concurrent meetings, so if there are 10 devices would it be enough to buy 10 SMP Licenses?

4) I know the License SKU is different based on version of CUCM. Is that also the case with CMS?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

1. Yes, generally speaking
2. If you buy the SMP bundled with a Room ki (CS-KITBUN-K9) then yes it comes with a TP Room license and is cheaper. If you buy the SMP license separately, then it does not come with a TP room license.
3. Yes, although you might not need that many, unless every device was in a separate meeting at the same time. If you have one meeting with 10 devices joined, it only consumes one license. 2 x meetings with 5 devices each would consume 2 licenses, etc.
4. No - CMS licensing is not version dependent.

Thank you Nick for that response!

So part of what was ordered was the CS-KITPRO-K9 and

L-KIT-RM (L-TP-RM) Is that a Telepresence Room License?

Where do we find these Part#s - I dont see most of them on Data Sheets?

@fp_av wrote:

L-KIT-RM (L-TP-RM) Is that a Telepresence Room License?

That is the Remote Monitoring Option Key for the RoomKit (allows you to see snapshots of the video via its web interface), not a Telepresence Room Licence.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.