cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clock widget wrong on C40

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client who has an Sx20 and C40 on the same LAN pointed to the same NTP server, but only the SX20 is displaying the correct time.. the C40 is off by about 41 minutes.. I've tried other time servers, and upgrading the software (currently 7.0 2) but nothing will cure this.. i have disabled the NTP settings altogether, but my client would like for it to be rectified if possible.

Any ideas what could be happening?

Darren

35 Replies 35

If the upgrade doesn't help, can I suggest you do a factory defaults reset and reconfigure it.  It sounds like something's gone wrong somewhere in the inner workings of the device if the time is showing correct everywhere except for the clock on the screen.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Upgrade didn't help and I had already tried a factory reset.  TAC time...

Hi Mike, kindly can you share with us the TAC case Results/Analysis.

A similar issue is currently seen on a C40 codec running TC7.2.1.cb31c3d.

Thanks.

Oddly enough, there was an issue with the camera and it had to be RMA'd.  Once the new camera was installed, the clock issue was resolved.  Could be a total coincidence, but I never was able to determine the exact root of the issue.

I just unplugged my camera and rebooted my C40 which was experiencing similar problems.  Now the OSD clock is correct.  Note that the WEB GUI and the Touch8 were both showing the correct time all along.  Strange that this was the camera giving me issues.

ted
Level 1
Level 1

TC7.3 loaded

Changed the NTP server to the gatekeeper server, fixed.