Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clustering CMS 2000 Model

what will be the best practice for clustering CMS 2000M5V2?

1-use three nodes CMS2000 for clustering database and callbridge

2-use seperate customized CMS VM for database master and choose two of cms2000 to be reblica only,  and using the three CMS2000 for clustering callbridge

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please see my edited previous post.
You won't get any definitive answer about "best practice", because this always depends on the situation.
But as written, option 2 doesn't make any sense in my point of view.

But please get the point I'm trying to explain: both options will work. It depends on your choice and situation.

To shorten things up:
Use all 3 CMS2000
setup 1 CMS-VM on each CMS2000
And configure the DB and callbridge component in every CMS-VM
=> then you will have a DB-cluster and Callbridge cluster with 3 nodes.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

b.winter
VIP
VIP

How do you define "ok"?
How to setup and configure a cluster is documented in the cisco docs.
And how many nodes you need or should use for DB, callbridge, ... for clustering is also documented and recommended there

A DB cluster of 3 nodes and a callbridge cluster of 3 nodes is "ok" in my opinion.

But don't forget: There is no call failover of active calls. A callbridge cluster is not designed for redundancy / failover of active calls.
But this is also mentioned in the docs.

yes winter, i know the documentation very well.

but here in cisco community we are asking for best practice. technical side that may faces other through implementation and found something usefull to share that can't be mentioned in the doc

and may be my question was not clear, so i will edit it

I know, what you are trying to say, but again: How do YOU specifically define "ok"?
In other words: What do you want to know, so the answer is "ok" for you?

I edited the question and removed the "ok" and the whole question

Edit:
Option 2 doesn't make any sense IMHO. In the end, you would have 6 VMs running.
Except you want it to have it that way. It's up to you. But I wouldn't do it.

For such stuff, I think there is no common general "best practice". There is no general rule to split or not split up the DB and callbridge to different VMs.
It all depends on the situation.

For customer 1, technician A would design it that way, but technician B would do it completely different.
And for customer 2 again completely different as for customer 2.

Hello winter,

the difference is first option the design using 3 nodes cms2000 for all thing and i know it will be worked without issue =ok

my main ques for option 2 if i will use another cms virtual  machine for only  database master without any other service enabled and chooses 2 nodes of cms2000 to be joined the DB and for callbridge the 3 will be used 

which design will be the best practice to use, thanks for the note

Please see my edited previous post.
You won't get any definitive answer about "best practice", because this always depends on the situation.
But as written, option 2 doesn't make any sense in my point of view.

But please get the point I'm trying to explain: both options will work. It depends on your choice and situation.

To shorten things up:
Use all 3 CMS2000
setup 1 CMS-VM on each CMS2000
And configure the DB and callbridge component in every CMS-VM
=> then you will have a DB-cluster and Callbridge cluster with 3 nodes.

yes i have done both design buth with cms 1000

so for cms 2000 i was looking for recommendations and confirmation and yhanks winter i do proceed with 3  only nodes cms2000 for db and call bridge cluster