Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS CALRIFICATION

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Dear All,

I am implementing CMS for the first time, i need some clarification on configuring:

Customer Existing environment :
27x C40,Old Endpoints
MCU 5310 with 5 HD Ports Old Registration
VCS 20x Non-Tra Calls, 100x Tra Calls,H323 SIP Old Conferencing
TCS for recording 

Upgrading Existing environment with CMS:

• Cisco Meeting Server 1000
> 5x Cisco TelePresence Shared Multiparty
> TMS STARTER KIT for 25 devices
> 11x Remote monitoring option for SX series Endpoints

Concerns on Upgrading to CMS environment

1- TMS Starter Kit provided, where will it be installed (Need server and Vmware) ? do i need to install in CMS 1000?

2- Do i need to remove the current MCU and replace with the CMS Server ?
( Do i need to add as secondary MCU (pre-configured number for the existing). Primary MCU is CMS)

3. I need to know how the setup will be , CMS1000 sever will be used only for internal purpose .

10 Replies 10

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Dear Gents,

Any body can suggest me on this?

Co-residency isn't supported for the CMS 1000 server, as it's only for the CMS application.  TMS will be installed on a Windows VM, refer to the TMS Install Guides on server specs and additional information.

You can have your existing MCU and CMS run side-by-side until you're ready to migrate fully to CMS, refer to the "CMS Coexistence" section of the TMS 15.3 Release Notes for more information, or you can perform a full replacement of your MCU with CMS using the existing Numeric IDs.

CMS 1000 will come pre-installed with ESXI and a CMS VM deployed, all you should have to do is install the server as you would any other UCS server and configure the ESXI host etc.  Once the server is installed and configured, you can start to configure CMS  per the CMS Install Guides and CMS Configuration Guides.

Thanks Patrick [+5] for your information.

Am i am able to setup a Rendezvous conference in CMS. If you can able to help me on document implementing conference VCS endpoints to CMS that will be greatful.

There isn't a guide that is VCS focused, but there is information contained within the CMS deployment guides that use the VCS as an example, refer to the "Dial plan configuration – SIP endpoints" chapter.

you can do all type of conferences with CMS.

1. ADhoc, Rendzvous, Scheduled, Drag and Drop, Dual home and Gateway(Jabber to Lync).

2.create a sip trunk with CMS and VCS and then route the CMS domain from VCS using that trunk.

3. Create meeting room in CMS and route based on URI or numeric or both as you like.

4.add CMS in TMS to enable Scheduled conference.

to achieve all of these you need to refer to admin guides.

HTH

AMMAR

please rate and mark answered if helpful.

Thanks Ammar [+5]

Customer don't have DNS or LDAP setup, am i able to configure locally on the CMS? 

Is the miscorosoft CA is necessary? 

if customer doesnt have DNS its fine because you can also create local DNS records inside CMS via CLI. 

but if customer doesnt have LDAP. then users cannot use CMA app. secondly users will not have personal meeting rooms/spaces assigned to their names/ID.

only guests will join meeting rooms. and you cannot mute or remove any participant as there will be no owner of the meeting room.

MSFT CA is necessary as trunk with Lync requires Secure SRTP and TLS encryption which can only be used by having a secure trunk with Lync which further requires both side to trust each other certificate. 

so CMS callbridge must trust the certificate that Lync uses which is possible if same CA signs the CMS certificate that already signed the Lync.

this way both parties trust each other and secure communication is possible.

if customer used Public CA for Lync then you can also use same CA for CMS callbridge as well.

HTH

AMMAR 

please rate and mark answered if helpful.

Thanks AMMAR [+5]

In our case we are not using microsoft lync , Only VCS-C we are using endpoint registration. With default certificate if i deploy what issue will occur?  Our deployment planned only for internal purpose.

yes it would work fine.