Helpful
Replies

CMS Certificates for the Core and Edge

Jasmine Misal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just need some clarification.

Do we need separate server certificates for the core (callbridge, xmpp, trunk) and edge (webbridge, load balancer, TURN)?

Also within a cluster does all the cores (callbridge, xmpp, trunk) need their own server cert or can we use one for all of them?

Thanks!

Jasmine Misal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

If I add the domain for xmpp and all the servers in CSR I can use that certs for the edge and core in a production environment? Y---Yes you can use but it will be better if you use separate for edge and one single cert for all core including all servers name in SAN list.

For relationship between different component it will be good if you go through the certificate guide which i provided earlier.

Thansk

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

For split deployment please see the below CMS certificate guide-

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Deployment_Guide/Version-2-5/Certificate-Guidelines-Single-Split-Server-Deployment-2-5.pdf

You can use one cert for all servers for all components there will be no problems but you need to be careful for their in between relationships that you will get if you go through above link..

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable..

Thanks

Hi,

Just want to verify, 

If I add the domain for xmpp and all the servers in CSR I can use that certs for the edge and core in a production environment?

I have used one cert for all the "services" on one core but I have heard that we can use one certs for all the cores within the cluster (if there is one) and the edge. Sorry for asking the question again but I need verification. Where in the document does it say that?

Thanks

Hello,

If I add the domain for xmpp and all the servers in CSR I can use that certs for the edge and core in a production environment? Y---Yes you can use but it will be better if you use separate for edge and one single cert for all core including all servers name in SAN list.

For relationship between different component it will be good if you go through the certificate guide which i provided earlier.

Thansk

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable...

Thanks
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: