Helpful
Replies

CMS licensing at AdHoc calls

epicolo
Level 3
Level 3

The documentation describes:

How Cisco Multiparty Licenses are assigned

When a meeting starts in a space, a Cisco license is assigned to the space. Which license is assigned by the Meeting Server is determined by the following rules:

- if one or more members with a Cisco PMP plus license has joined a space, then one of their licenses will be used, if not, then

- if the person that created the space (the owner) has a Cisco PMP plus license, then the license of that owner is assigned, if not, then

- if present a Cisco SMP plus license is assigned.

Question:  How the CMS will assign a PMP plus license when it is added as Media Resource on CUCM? In this case, the Conference request initiated by the CUCM will generate a random Space and will not match any user (jid) as owner or as attendee. What will determine which license will be used?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What you outlined is mentioned in the CMS 2.0 Release Notes, from what I read and my understanding of it is if any of the user's that join the conference has a PMP license assigned to them, if no one is a PMP licensed user, than an SMP license will be used.  To assign PMP licenses to users, take a look at section 2.2.4, "Assigning Personal Multiparty Licenses to Users".

Hi Patrick, thanks. The session 2.2.4 explain how to assign a PMPlicense to a user, but I understand that this user is a user inside the CMS (to use the CMA).

In a AdHoc call, how the CMS will grant a license? Will the CUCM check this before to create a space?

And in case of a manually created space, which license will be used if a Jabber UC call to that Space (a CUCM is integrated with the CMS by SIP Trunk)?

And what if someone dials to the space directly (H323 GW or from the outside, B2B via Edge), how the CMS will grant a license (in case a customer have only one Callbridge using Multiparty).

Thanks