cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS URI User Part Requirements

PHalbritter
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to create CoSpaces and would like to use GivenName.SurName as CoSpace URI. Unfortunately this Fails due to: Duplicate CoSpace URI (Error 400 Bad request ), in the Event log: LDAP sync: not all URIs are unique (first clash: 'GivenName.Surname')

Only when appending something to the URI, for example: GivenName.SurName.WhatEver it works fine.

So it seems that there is some (hidden) requirement, does anybody know any details about that or a way around that?

best regards and thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Make sure that none of your users have the same GivenName and Surname, the sync is failing because when CMS tries to import users, if there is another account that is identical as one already processed by the sync, the sync will fail as all imported users must be unique. I think the log should give you the user that it failed on, so I'd start there to check for duplicates.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Someone already asked something similar in the past, can't recall the name of the thread, but yes, that is a limitation, they need to be unique and I don't know of any way around that (aside from using a value that is unique for each user in your LDAP).

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The Problem is not that SIP uri values have to be unique, that is quite understandable, the "strange" part is that it is not possible to create a space (Just one space, no other spaces created) via auto creation of spaces during user Import using the $mail$ variable (using this since this is already nearly guaranteed to be unique). Adding any string to the ldap mapping seems to be mandatory. For example, $mail$ is in most cases/test case just GivenName.Surname@example.com: 

CoSpace URI Mapping: $mail|'/@example.com//'$ does not work

CoSpace URI Mapping:$mail|'/@example.com//'$1 works fine

Make sure that none of your users have the same GivenName and Surname, the sync is failing because when CMS tries to import users, if there is another account that is identical as one already processed by the sync, the sync will fail as all imported users must be unique. I think the log should give you the user that it failed on, so I'd start there to check for duplicates.