cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Webapp error:" Unable tp connect to Media"

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Hello everyone. I have cms version 3.2 and expressway 12.7.

when external users join meeting ,after sometime,it will show "unable to connect to media, rejoin meeting".

i know this has to do with turn service on 3478. I used api to set up turn service.The turn staus in API shows reachable.

The firewall team said they have opened port 3478. I have used two online port checker to verify if port 3478 is open .One shows open while the other shows close.

so i am confused.can anyone assist?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your turn configuration in CMS API is wrong.

The clientAddress needs to be the public IP of EXP-E. The external client cannot reach any private IP's over the internet.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Can you post a screenshot of the TURN settings in EXP-E and a screenshot of the turnserver configuration in the CMS API?

Your turn configuration in CMS API is wrong.

The clientAddress needs to be the public IP of EXP-E. The external client cannot reach any private IP's over the internet.

I did put the static public ip before but it didnt work. Let me update it and revert.

i am using static nat in expressway E ..

the expe has dual nic .

1. Lan 2 :10.10.1.1

2. Lan 1: 10.20.1.1 statically natted to 2.2.2.2

so you advise i should put 2.2.2.2 as the client ip in cms Api

It's not an advice, it is a must to have the public IP in the clientAddress field.

If you still have a problem, then there might be a problem anywhere else too.

It has worked after changing the client ip address to the public ip of exp e.

I appreciate your unalloyed assitance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: