cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS WebRTC Guest not connecting

anthonykaune
Level 4
Level 4

I am attempting to get a guest session to a space to work over WebRTC.  I get option to Join, or sign in.  I select Join.  Then enter the ID that I assigned to the space, and the passcode (although I have tried without having a passcode and the problem is the same).  Then it asks me for "Your Name" I enter something there and click join call.  Then it will tell me "Unable to connect - Try again later"  I have checked the CMS logs and there does not seem to be any indication of what the problem could be.  Anyone seen anything like this before?  

16 Replies 16

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this just affecting guest logins only, what about users?

Can you tell us more about your configuration, what have you done so far and what have you tried?

Take a look at Troubleshooting Web Bridge connectivity issues, as well as the CMS Deployment Guides to make sure you have everything configured correct.

I have not tried with a user, as we are still working on the LDAP integration.  All calls are going to a static space that I have configured.

I have setup the HTTPS web proxy from Expressway E with 8.9.2 and CMS on 2.1.5.  Trunk calls from call manager work fine.  

I have looked at the troubleshooting guide you suggested.   The DNS SRV lookup returns my IMP server.  This is something I brought up in a previous thread about using the same domain for CMS as was already being used for UC and IMP.  Although my error is different from what they highlighted there, so maybe that is not an issue.  I have verified that the cert for the call bridge is in the trusted list for the web bridge.  

To the best of my knowledge everything matches up for the CMS deployment guide.  This is a single server deployment.  

my guess is that it is an XMPP domain issue. I thought the WebRTC client didn't need XMPP but that error you are getting definitely seems like it can't find the CMS XMPP server to match (because your SRV record points elsewhere). I found this in the documentation:

"The XMPP server handles the signaling to and from Cisco Meeting Apps, including the WebRTC app. If you are NOT planning to use the Cisco Meeting Apps for PC, iOS (iPhone and iPad), Mac or WebRTC Client you do not need to enable the XMPP server, disregard all sections referring to the XMPP server."

So, you will need a different XMPP domain (or subdomain for your CMS XMPP presence.

Steve

We changed the XMPP SRV records to point to CMS to see if that would resolve the issue, and still no change.  

The CMS detailed logging for web bridge doesn't even indicate any errors that I see.  I pulled a PCAP from CMS and don't see anything standing out there.  It's not even doing any DNS lookups that I am seeing.  

hmm, and you have the XMPP Server setup on the CMS with certs to match, right?

Yes I have it setup.  From the System Status Screen it shows connected.

if you do a PCAP from the client do you see any XMPP traffic?

I do not, nor do I see any xmpp traffic on the packet capture that I took from the CMS.

do you anything like:

"web bridge link 1 connection established" in your logs (I can't remember if this would be in the combied setup as I use a split setup). If you don't see it and can restart your callbridge, what do you see? Seems odd there is no traffic .

Steve

I do see "web Bridge line 1 connection established".

man, I'm out of ideas. Even if you throw random numbers into that join form and hit submit you would see an error in the callbridge logs. It just seems like the web bridge isn't talking to the callbridge at all to even try but the fact that you are getting a "join by ID" option at all seems to show that they are talking to each other (since that isn't a default). I'd try to duplicate but since I'm running a split set I'm using load balancers for the XMPP server so all traffic from the WebRTC is processed through there (so I just see packets coming from the web bridge on port 4999). Have you run pcap on the looback interface to try and see anything there? Does the CMS boc itself have DNS access to the SRV record (or can you test by putting in a custom RR DNS record?

I've not seen any info on running a pcap on the loopback, so no I have not tried that.

If I put in a random number in the join box, I do see an error about invalid passcode, which makes sense since that doesn't exist.  

The CMS can access DNS and that doesn't seem to be an issue.

but you see nothing when you try a correct number? That seems odd. It should show that it is at least trying. I get:

"web bridge link 1: new guest login request 10 received"

Not sure what else to suggest if nothing is showing up in the logs. If you turn on detailed tracing for the web bridge do you get more info?

Steve

How do you have your _xmpp-client SRV record configured within DNS, how many IPs does the FQDN return when you have it pointing to CMS?

If the FQDN that the SRV record returns contains more than one address, use the below command in the MMP to configure your CMS to resolve only it's IP address:

dns add rr "srv_fqdn IN A cms_ip"

If you're able to connect by configuring CMS to only resolve it's IP address, than your DNS is returning the wrong XMPP server address, which means it will not be able to connect and the user can't login.

FYI, if you SFTP into the CMS, you can see a more detailed log, it's simply called "log".