Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec detection in Tcl script

p.hruby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is there any way how to detect what codec is used on incoming VoIP leg in Tcl script?

I'd like to detect what kind of .au file (g.711 or g.729 coded) to send to calling party in tcl/ivr script.

Petr

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

p-drescher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Petr,

According to my experience and Cisco doc, you can only play .au files on a VoIP leg if the codec is G.711.

If you need IVR on a low-bandwidth VoIP call-leg, I see no other alternative than hairpinning the call using an E1 or something like that.

But I am very open to alternate suggestions since I would like to have IVR on low-bw legs myself...

Peter

Hi Peter,

it is possible to play low-bw coded IVR prompts on VoIP leg. We use GSM and G.729 in our solution. There is problem how to detect codec of incomming call in IVR script. I had to create two dial-peers. One for GSM and 2nd for G.729 coded call.

Another problem is how to create G.729 or GSM coded prompts from G.711. It took lot of time to find proper way how to create them.

Petr

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem play low-bw codec IVR prompts on VOIP leg.But I'm wonder also if this can be done, then can we do collect digits on the voip leg ? I have trying using codec g711 ulaw, but can not collect digits.

if you can create G.729 codec prompts,can you let me know how to do it ?

Thanks in advance

Ronny

maurotb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, same problem here... di you solve this? Thanks