Helpful
Replies

codec pro

ahmed samir
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I want to know if the SX-20 12xHD   camera is compatible with the codec pro 

note : (the old codec part number : CTS-SX20-PHD12X-K9) , and i need to install its cam on a codec pro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

natively, the codec pro can support 2x camera control. However, many of us have setup an independent unmanaged switch to allow expanded camera control. Basically, get a Cisco 5 or 8 port unmanaged switch, plug all cameras Ethernet to it, and another from the witch to the camera control port on the codec pro.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
While the Precision HD camera is end of life (not yet end of support), it is connected via HDMI so at a minimum you will get a video signal. As far as firmware and camera control similar to the P60 or quad camera, I cannot say if this will work but its more likely to work than some third party options.

first of all thank you for your reply ,
now i think this will make the camera applicable but still we are worried about the camera control issues , so now this situation makes me goes for another question :

- how many cameras the CODEC-PRO can control & support as i have 2 of this camera and i need to add another quad camera and 1 P-60 Camera for a huge meeting room ( 10 X 20 m) ?

thanks in advance for your helpful info. :)

natively, the codec pro can support 2x camera control. However, many of us have setup an independent unmanaged switch to allow expanded camera control. Basically, get a Cisco 5 or 8 port unmanaged switch, plug all cameras Ethernet to it, and another from the witch to the camera control port on the codec pro.

thank you very much Mike , it is really helpful , so let's figure out the solution as we have 2 camera control ports so if we plugged 2 un-managed switches of 8 ports so we have an expanded 16 controlled camera , so is there a limitation for the un managed switch size , in another way what is the limited number of cameras could be plugged and controled by the codec ?