cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conductor and TP : license

tec cou
Level 1
Level 1

hello, I will not understand how the resources of licenses in status page of conductor.

In a test, I have a TP with 5 SL, which should support 10 Calls : main-> 720p30->Content720p5, right?

I have one conference template that specific:

Participant quality: 720p30

Content quality: 720p5.
Optimize resources: yes
Advances parametres: "favoutefficiency"

I made a multi three participants and was consumed 39% ,without content. 

It should not be 30% or less?

thnks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alejandro,

Each reserved cascade port configured on your template will allocate roughly 1/2 a screen license for each conference created with the template (it should reserve 720p30fps main video and what you configure as your content channel quality so it is not always exactly 1/2).  In your case roughly ~10% is reserved just for the cascade port number that is configured.

I would suggest removing the cascade port reservations and testing the template out with it set to 0.  Two cascade port reservations would indicate you plan to cascade that conference over to two additional bridges beyond the first.

-Jonathan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is this a meeting template or lecture template, and do you have a cascade port reserved on the template?

-Jonathan

Hi , Meeting Template , and 2 cascade.

Thanks !!

Hi Alejandro,

Each reserved cascade port configured on your template will allocate roughly 1/2 a screen license for each conference created with the template (it should reserve 720p30fps main video and what you configure as your content channel quality so it is not always exactly 1/2).  In your case roughly ~10% is reserved just for the cascade port number that is configured.

I would suggest removing the cascade port reservations and testing the template out with it set to 0.  Two cascade port reservations would indicate you plan to cascade that conference over to two additional bridges beyond the first.

-Jonathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: