cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conductor source address for re-dialing

Daniel Isham
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone know of anyway to have Conductor modify the source address for outbound calls in case endpoints want to redial back into the conference? Currently it just shows the IP address of the TelePresence Server and is quite annoying. And since TP doesn't support auto attendant, not sure where to send the call back to if I can't get the conference alias to display as the source address.

MAJOR flaw by Cisco here...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This issue has been present since the first release of Conductor, and as Nick mentions with CMS being the go to conferencing bridge and development being focused there, I don't see this issue being resolved.

It doesn't help you in your issue because you're conference bridge is a TelePresence Server, however if one had an MCU, they could use CPL on the VCS/Expressway to rewrite the source address to that of the auto-attendant.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yeah it's super annoying and I'm pretty sure there's no way to change it.

The best way around is to use OBTP instead of Auto-Connect, which is better anyway, but of course is not available to non-managed or non-Cisco endpoints.

Given that development effort has been moved to CMS it's unlikely to be fixed.

Yeah we use OBTP, it's more for our other business unit and static conferences.

And I agree about CMS, but for CMR Hybrid customers like myself, CMS won't suffice unless I just use CMS for adhoc and rendezvous conferences but then we are back to split deployments lol.

Maybe a LUA script could take the conference name that's provided in the From: header and adjust the URI to match, as long as there aren't spaces in the name. I'll have to mess around with that and see if it's even possible.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This issue has been present since the first release of Conductor, and as Nick mentions with CMS being the go to conferencing bridge and development being focused there, I don't see this issue being resolved.

It doesn't help you in your issue because you're conference bridge is a TelePresence Server, however if one had an MCU, they could use CPL on the VCS/Expressway to rewrite the source address to that of the auto-attendant.