Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference with standalone SX10 and MCU 5310

Ferdi0802
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible for a few SX10 to dial IP address MCU for join video conference? Both of devices are standalone (not register to CUCM or VCS). If that's possible, Can SX10 choose particular conference rooms which has been created before? From what I know, usually each conference room has different extension that can be dialed and with my scenario, all SX10 can only dial IP address since there is no SIP registrar.

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I do not have a SX10 which I can access right now, but I tried it with a SX20 with disabled h323

and I was able to dial in to a conference dialing a sip:number@domain address.

So you can test it, but the recommendation shall be to use a call control which supports your network

(it makes it more complicated if NAT is involved).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I haven't got MCU yet, that's why I can't test it. From dial pattern that you specified above, do you mean "domain address" as IP address of MCU?

I think I understand what you're talking about.  A lot of my customers still dial IP address only.  First of all, I heard you need to change the configuration of the call control to direct, then you can dial IP addresses.  If you dial the IP address of the MCU, you should see the blue screen that says "Please enter the conference ID followed by the # sign"?  I don't have an SX10...yet... but I'd imagine it works just like an SX20 where you enter the numberic ID assigned to the conference on the MCU, then enter the # sign.  I'm curious if the SX10 allows selecting the conference via Far End Camera Control, like the SX20.

Good Luck!

firoztyagi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ferdi,

I tested for standalone SX10 ,I was able to dial other location .
we need to make some changes in configuration.....  in SIP url field type dummy_extention@IP_address...
for example 101@IP_address

whenever i dial out to any location i need to follow the same pattern extention@Ip and this is beacause SX10 is SIP only system.....