Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Cisco VCS SIP Outbound proxy priority sets

mguguvcevski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts,

I was wondering has anyone already configured and tested SIP Outbound with the VCS ?

My problem is that I am missing the option to push proxy priority sets, when I am configuring SIP Outbound, so that certain endpoints use one and other another member of the cluster.

I can see in the INVITE that the Route option is always set to the hostname or the IP address of the master peer of the cluster of Cisco VCSes.

Any thoughts on this behavior ?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

if I had to use this feature, I would prefer to set priority of peers via DNS SRV record. One location to manage everything and reliable and if you don't like a peer or that peer is out for maintenance, change the weight on SRV record, Voila everyone switches to other peers.

regards,Ahmad

Hi Ahmad,

I configured just that, but the endpoints seem to have a mind of their own.

When configuring the SIP Outbound feature, the endpoints register to both of the peers, (or more depending on the proxy addresses entered).

Now, irrespectibly of the priority/weight configuration of the DNS SRV SIP records, the endpoints send their SIP Invites, and all other messaging in a completely random fashion to one of the peers (doing DNS load-balancing), and than to another one, and after a while to another one. As if the priority/weights are completely obsolete although they are set.

The original idea was to configure exactly the scenario you are describing. I will try to do additional testing and set up in a lab environment to come to the root cause of these clustering issues.

Another issue I posted on the subject is here https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3916086 where you also posted a comment.

Thanks