Views
Helpful
Replies

Connectivity issue C20 Telepresence - bad gateway/No space left on device

markinoz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have multiple Telepresence C20 and one has recently stopped working correctly.

When I try to login to the Web GUI I get a "The request could not be served due to a proxy error." message. I can ping the device and no changes have been made to the network recently (no proxy should be in use either)

I have managed to telnet to the device and when I get a succesful login I also recieve an error stating "login: write lastlog failed: No space left on device"

Some commands (xConfiguration etc) work ok in the telnet session but xStatus returns nothing..

Does anyone know why this device has suddenly lost connectivity? Is the disk actually full? (if so can I purge the logs?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It could be that the flash memory on the device is going faulty, and that's why it is unable to write the log.   The C20 units go completely end of support at the end of this month (31 August 2018), so if you have it covered by a Service Contract, you'll need to be pretty quick to try to get an RMA (11 days left to do so).  In any case, I'd recommend that you consider replacing it with something a little more current and supportable going forward.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Good suggestions from Wayne - but I'm guessing you have no support contract on this. If that's the case, your best shot would be to try a factory reset - here's the procedure. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-system-quick-set-c20/112474-pqa-112474-00.html

Good luck!