Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Controlling Automatic Gain Control in SX-20

SX-20 Codec is running in TC 6.3.1 firmware, and we integrated goose neck microphones to it. We have reduced the goose neck's audio output gain to the least available value yet the audio transmitted by SX-20 gets broken every time the speaker over modulates his voice. I was hoping to turn off the Automatic Gain Control feature of the equipment or manipulate the codec's input gain. Input mic gain can be controlled in TC7.x but not with TC6. Upgrading the Codec's firmware is an issue because users have been accustomed to TC6.

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What about TC7.x does the users don't like that is preventing you from upgrading from TC6.x?

Hi Patrick,

They have standardized all their Videocon Firmwares to be in TC6.3.1 if we would upgrade one site then all sites should upgrade there units as well. They don't want to have the latest firmware releases because they don't want to have firsthand experience of unknown bugs. I'm looking for a work around of controlling the codec's input gain without upgrading the firmware. I hope someone could help me from the community.