Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS-CTRL-DVC8 and Codec IP Best Practices

lefbaca01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My team and I are trying to decide on the best way to IP the Cisco touch panels.  As these devices do not need to be monitored or reachable remotely and only require IP connectivity to the codec, I am fine with DHCP for them.  However, is there a recommendation of having these devices reside on the same vlan (voice) as the codec or is it fine to have them reside on the data vlan?

Thank you for your input,

Leo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In our environment, we generally use DHCP, but have reservations for each of the important devices (endpoints / touch / etc).

As a general rule, we also have the endpoint, and it's paired touch, in the same IP subnet / VLAN as that keeps all the traffic local and not needing to be routed anywhere.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if approprate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In our environment, we generally use DHCP, but have reservations for each of the important devices (endpoints / touch / etc).

As a general rule, we also have the endpoint, and it's paired touch, in the same IP subnet / VLAN as that keeps all the traffic local and not needing to be routed anywhere.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if approprate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,

Sorry for the delayed response.  I was out on business travel and was not checking this account very often.

Thank you!  Yes, my team and I found the documentation that advises the same.  

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/quick-set-sx20/tc7/administration-guide/sx20-quickset-administrator-guide-tc71.pdf - See page 122.  The SX80 Admin Guide also points this out in the same section.

Thanks again and take care,

Leo