Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 14 Admin Password Reset

cbrink11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Looking for some help with a weird issue I'm having on my CUCM 14 VM. Tried logging in to admin account through CLI and it said my admin account password was expired and needed to be changed. Tried changing the password and it kept erroring saying something along the lines of "unable to find one of the parameter/parameters. input error". Couldn't find anything about this online so I just decided to reset the password though the console doing the pwrecovery stuff. Password changed doing it this way but now when I try to login it says password is expired and needs to be changed. It asks for (current) UNIX password:   -  What is this? Is it not the password used to login to the admin account? I have tried the password it lets me login with that says its expired, and all the previous passwords I have used before for admin and security account and no matter what I put here it says "Incorrect old password".

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the response, I already tried that though. The issue is during the password reset it says invalid old password no matter what I use. I actually resolved my issue by reverting to a backup of the VM and was able to change the expired password normally after logging in without the parameter error. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

check this >> 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213527-changing-cucm-os-admin-and-security-pass.pdf

>> my Telegram id: @morez_hadi + if this helped, please rate by click (Accept as solution) or (Helpful)

Thanks for the response, I already tried that though. The issue is during the password reset it says invalid old password no matter what I use. I actually resolved my issue by reverting to a backup of the VM and was able to change the expired password normally after logging in without the parameter error.