Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1 SIP trunk to ISDN GW 3241

nuinoahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a setup with CUCM 9.1, VCSC 7.2 and ISDN GW 3241 (2.3).  I have created a SIP trunk.  Between CUCM and ISDN GW.  Voice calls are working fine but if I do a video call (I see the 6 b channels up as configured for 384k), the call setup is done but I fall to a voice call. So looks like discussion call capabilities fail.  Codec?..

I was not able to find a step by step configuration document for such setup (CUCM - ISDN gateway 3241 SIP trunk). 

Any one have an idea why video call is not working? any hints/comments/advise is welcome.

Thanks.

Ahmed

4 Replies 4

Amine Majdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I must configurer CUCM with GW 3241, can you please explain how you configured the SIP trunk + equivalent of search rule on CUCM

I'm agree I can't find any thing about configuration CUCM ISDN GW 3241

Thank you, 

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

the ISDN GW is a h323 Device

Yes, but the last version support the SIP wink

I would have thought you'd have the SIP trunk between the CUCM and the VCS.  The ISDN Gateway would be register ed to the VCS.  You wouldn't have a trunk straight from the CUCM to the ISDN Gateway.  The search rules on the VCS-Control (or the dial plan prefix it's registered on) would then route the calls out the ISDN.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.