cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Daylight Savings Time

Kevin Kilgore
Level 1
Level 1

I know NTP is UTC is UTC is UTC, but is there nowhere within TC5.1.4 to adjust for DST?  This is for an EX90.

3 Replies 3

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

It should automatically adjust for DST depending on which city/area has been selected within a time zone.

I.e. my time zone is GMT +10, and as I'm located in Queensland, I select GMT+10 Brisbane, which gives me correct local time without DST which is Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).

If I change this to GMT +10 Sydney etc, DST is added, and time correctly displayed, but this time in Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time, which is AEST +1hr.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Thanks for the reply Jens.  I am in the state of Alabama, which is Central Time GMT -6.  I have tried all the different location choices for GMT -6 and they are all the same.  At present, these are 1 hour too fast.  This is compounded by the strangeness that Mexico City is currently in DST, but yet when I select Mexico City, it's still GMT -6.

Sounds like the setting is either not taking - if you change the setting to something in a completely different timezone, does this stick or is it stuck on -6? - or there's a problem with the ntp server, guess you've tried another server?  Might want to upgrade to TC5.1.6 as well, you never know...

Edit: Actually, TC6.0 has just been released.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.