Helpful
Replies

DIALING FROM MXP WEB INTERFACE

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

I am running F9.3.4 on 1700MXP

System is in direct mode.

I dial e.164 alias number on a codian @ip address of one of the clustered VCS Controls on X8.5.1 I get the following error on the VCS history.

"Temporary failure - Gatekeeper resources - Out of call resources"

There are no alarms and I have plenty of traversal and non-traversal licenses .

Any ideas please ..

Example:  2352323@28.33.222.1 is the format when I dail from the web browser.

Chet Cronin
2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That address looks more like a SIP address or a H.323 System ID than an actual E.164 alias (which wouldn't have the @...).

This could mean that the VCS you are connecting through is trying to Interwork the call between H.323 and SIP and may not have an Interworking licence key installed.

Is there any reason you are running the endpoint in direct mode and not registering it to the VCS?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Here is what we found. Dialing bothways from a VOIP phone to the Codian Bridge works ... :) Dialing from a VOIP phone to a VTC endpoint registered to the VCS does not ???

Symptom:  Call initially connects to an endpoint and when answered goes immediately to fast busy ???   Appears the three way handshake isn't completing during the initial call set up and there is no firewall involved with this issue at the moment. We are trying to get it working locally first.

What drives me nuts is what is the difference that a bridge will call set up and work but an endpoint will not ???  The endpoint and the codian are registered to the same VCS ... ??

Chet Cronin