Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable content on Jabber client

Darren Goulden
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just thought I'd double check this, I suspect the answer is no - is there a way to disable content sharing (BFCP) on the Jabber client (without making changes on the infrastructure)?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Darren,

No you can't disable it on Jabber video. However if you have a trunking with some specific neighbour where you don't want users to do content sharing then made a custom zone in VCS and disable the BFCP option there!!

Any specific requirement why you want to disable this feature?

Regards

Alok

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, You are absolutely right... You cannot Disable content sharing on the Jabber Client..

You will have to disable it from Communications Manager.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Hi Saurabh,

Sorry I wasn't clear, I was asking in reference to the Movi/Jabber for TelePresence client.

Thanks

I am not Sure in case if we have VCS in infrastructure but definately if you Jabber provisioned with CUCM.

You can disable from CUCM.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Hi Darren,

No you can't disable it on Jabber video. However if you have a trunking with some specific neighbour where you don't want users to do content sharing then made a custom zone in VCS and disable the BFCP option there!!

Any specific requirement why you want to disable this feature?

Regards

Alok

Hi Alok,

Thanks for confirming, I found the setting on the trunk but this doesn't help unfortunately.

A client has stated that content sharing H.239 / BFCP breaches their internal security and compliance policy so based on what you've said I'll put a feature request in.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: