cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Display Power On/Power Off (Controlling Samsung Displays via CEC)

Brian.Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have been adding a display power on and display power button to my endpoints via UI extension and executing the powering on/off via Crestron processor (button press on t-10 via widget) works great.

What I am trying to do is remove the need for the Crestron processor, and tie the button to a xAPI command and turn the display on via CEC DIRECTLY with the endpoint. I've been searching around a bit and played with CEC-O-Matic etc. Anyone doing this successfully? Looking for the xAPI commands (Javascript macro actually) to power on and off so I can tie it to the button on the navigator.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Endpoints: Cisco Room Kit Plus

Firmware: 9.15.3.18

Displays: Samsung

Displays are connected directly to Video Output 1 on endpoint via HDMI

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As per the API Guide (page 348) , you could use:

xCommand Video CEC Output KeyClick ConnectorID: 1 Key: x

You just need to work out which of the 256 options (0..255) for x are the ones you want for for your specific display for the on and off commands.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Brian.Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your reply...

The command you suggested below will not execute, presumably because I believe the "LogicalAddress" param is required...

xCommand Video CEC Output KeyClick ConnectorID: 1 Key: x

So I think Display 1 out is connector ID 1, but am a little unclear on the "LogicalAddress" bit. Assumming 0 the command exicutes successfully as written below...

xCommand Video CEC Output KeyClick ConnectorID: 1 Key: 1 Logical Address: 0

WHATEVER THE CODEC IS SENDING WHEN IT GOES IN AND OUT OF STANDBY IS POWERING ON AND OFF THE DISPLAY - JUST NEED TO SEND THOSE COMMANDS MANUALLY - I guess I'll need to try them all :). Any explanation of the "LogicalAddress" portion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian