Views
Helpful
Replies

Distance from tracking microphones with the Quad Camera VS Speaker Track 60

SamWilliams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I am currently looking at a camera tracking solution in a large boardroom with a distance over 9.5m (To the table) 10m to the people.

There is not maximum distance stated in the quad camera datasheet regarding the maximum distance that tracking will work.

I am looking at using the Speaker track 60 in this space but the maximum recommended distance is 9m. 

Is there a better solution to use within this room? 
This needs to be used in a room with dual 86" Displays so the integrated Cisco products would not be suitable. 

Cheers

Sam.

5 Replies 5

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

The problem with longer distances is not the audio triangulation, it's the facial recognition. In your use case, you would probably be better off using the Speaker Track 60 than the quad cam, the Precision 60 cameras have 10X optical zoom plus 2X digital, so they can handle a deep room better than the quad cam unit can. And it is fully supported with the Room Kit Pro - take a look at the data sheet:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/webex-room-series/datasheet-c78-741052.html

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the response PJ but this solution exceeds the recommendations within the speaker track 60. If it is an issue with the facial recognition as well as the distance stated in the datasheet about the microphones then it is not mentioned within the datasheet.

It would be good to have solid information from Cisco as to what these limitations actually are or any other parameters that can be used to define a suitable solution. such as the S/N the codec needs to triangulate or the image area required to detect a face.

As obviously the datasheet is not sufficient at this point and actual technical support from Cisco is required. 

Cisco's 9M number is very conservative - I am a former Cisco employee and this was well known. They have to allow for rooms that don't have good lighting and/or acoustics, so that is taken into account with that number. You are only looking to exceed that by 1M - if your room has good lighting and acoustics, the ST60 should work fine - I have personally used it in rooms where the speakers are more than 10M from the cameras and it works. (in one case I was about 35' from the camera and it found me no problem)

It's the best you'll get from Cisco - ask your local Cisco account team to engage a product manager or technical marketing engineer if you want to have a chat on the subject. 

Andreas Silva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I had the same problem here, i had to deploy a room with 12Meters wall to wall,

Since i also don't found specifications of QuadCamera, i choose the SpeakerTracker C60, it working fine today, I discovered tthat the last microphone need be in 9 meters from the Camera, and the triangulation working fine if your room has good acoustics

Choose the Speakertracker, its the best way!

Solution: Webex Room Pro with Speackertracker c60 + 6 table microphones + 2 ceiling microphone 

Hope this helps!

Try installing the ST60 on a customized tripod closer to the table in a way you do not block the screen view