Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS records into VCS deployment - MRA

Hi cisco team,

Regarding with a deployment about VCS (control and Expressway) - Mobile and remote access, I have seen in cisco guides that there are some DNS records that it should be set up in your host DNS public and private, however, It is thought, by our teamwork, that this step could be ommited if we put directly the IP address. It could be posible or necesarely I have to set up DNS records?

Regard

WIlian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Wilian,

as i mentioned in my earlier comment you need to advertise records.

Yes you need to advertised A and SRV  records in case of expressway-e deployment.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sushant Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wilian,

yes its mandatory u need to advertise SRV and A records in Internal and External DNS

Internal DNS Server

Create two A records:

sjc-expressway-edge-01.domain.com A – (make this name whatever you want) Pointing to the INSIDE interface of Expressway-E for two-legged deployments, or pointing to the DMZ address if it’s on a stick.  The record is used by Expressway-C to lookup and validate the certificate against.  You will use this hostname anywhere you are asked for the expressway server’s name when configuring the C server.
    sjc-expressway-core-01.domain.com A – (any name you want) Pointing to Expressway-C

Make sure cucm/IMP/Unity A records already advertised.

Create two SRV records:

_cisco-uds._tcp.domain.com SRV 0 0 port 8443 – Pointing to CUCM.  ( every node for cucm)
    _cuplogin._tcp.domain.com SRV 0 0 port 8443 – Pointing to IM&P  ( every node for IMP)

External DNS Server

Create one A record:

sjc-expressway-edge-01.domain.com A – (any name you want) Pointing to the public address assigned (or NATted) to your Expressway-E.

Create one SRV record:

_collab-edge._tls.domain.com SRV 0 0 8443 – Pointing to Expressway-E

I hope its useful for you.

hello Sushant,

thanks for your advice. my current scenery is VCScontrol/CUCM/IM&P/Unit, but apparently It works OK without using A record. So my doubt is if there will be a problem when I deploy VCS expressway without settin up A records (DNS internal and external)?

thanks!!!

Hi Wilian,

as i mentioned in my earlier comment you need to advertise records.

Yes you need to advertised A and SRV  records in case of expressway-e deployment.

Thanks