cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the SX20 have an IR inteface other than through the camera?

tindallg1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that wants to use the codec's IR interface. However when I have him turn off the IR on the camera and switch the IR for the codec from auto to on nothing works. Is the showing that there is no interface on the codec or is it that that the IR on the codec not functioning?

Thanks,

Gerry

11 Replies 11

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Gerry,

yes it does have codecs internal IR similar as of C20 codec

Thanks

Ravi Kr.

What setting is needed to activate it?

Hi Gerry,

xconfiguration SystemUnit IrSensor : on

SystemUnit IrSensor

Both the Codec C Series and PrecisionHD camera have IR sensors, and only one of them

needs to be enabled at the time. The IR sensor LED is located on the front of the codec and the

camera and flickers when an IR signal is received from the remote control

Value

space:

On:

Enable the IR sensor on the codec.

Off:

Disable the IR sensor on the codec.

Auto:

The system will automatically disable the IR sensor on the codec if the IR sensor at

camera is enabled. Otherwise, the IR sensor on the codec will be enabled.

Thanks

Ravi kr.

What is the range of the IR sensor on the codec? I have dip switch set to long range. However at about 6ft there is no response when pressing remote.

Currently the IR sensor on the camera is only registering pan/tilt/zoom. I replaced the camera and am currently waiting on the Cisco proprietary HDMI cable for connection to camera from codec.

Trying to find a work around however a 5-6ft range for the remote is not acceptable.

We have some of our cameras mounted on walls above displays about 30' from where the end user with the remote control is.  They work fine at this distance (Note: at a large distance, you need to power the camera locally rather than relying on the power through the camera control cable).

Your issue sounds similar to an issue reported by some others recently - we found on one of ours that we had a faulty camera control cable.  Swapping this out with a new one solved the issue for us.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

So the WEB interface does not work?

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Gerry,

Its the same from the web interface as well under the systemunit tab

Just in case its still not working then there could be some software glitch which can be checked further.

Is the device set as standalone codec or with any other 3rd party integration

Device software, any othr triubleshooting already performed?
Xstatus systemunit and xconfig logs
All these details will help to understand te issue better.

Thanks
Ravi kr.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

We have issue with SX20 standby mode.

When we trying to swich standby mode using remote control (is no touch panel installed) camera moves to the left site (privacy mode) and moves back, so it doest go to standby mode. Standby auto settings set up for 10min, system goes to standby mode in 10 min without any problem.

Same issue on TC5 and TC6.2.1 soft version.

When we disconnect camera from the codec and use IR sensor on the codec, system goes to standby mode without any problem.

Also replaced camera, codec and cables, still same issue.

Hi Vitalojus,

The remote have sensors on its side walls so as soon as you touch the remote holding in you hand and even if you do not press any button thesystem will wake up.

try this put the remote on table and the press the standby button , let me know if this time you find the camer moving back,

Regards

Ravi Kr.

Vitalojus -

FYI, the sensors on the side of the remote, are the two rubber pieces going along each side.  If you hold onto the remote too long after you put the system into standby, you'll wake it back up again.  There is a limited window you can put the remote down, no idea of the timing, I just know if it's still in your hand after a brief time, the remote will wake up the system.

Patrick

We tried to do that also, just forgot to say about it.

I have tried to press standby button, when remote control was on the table and i haven't done any movement with remote control.