Helpful
Replies

Doubt about to do conference in 03 points

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer is trying to make a video with 3 points, all via internal network

Only the first two connecting can view audio and video, the audio comes third only.

This behaviour is normal? Are there any documentation that explain this issues?

Thanks,

Wilson

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

This is normal when the video endpoint hosting the multisite call have no MS (Multisite) option installed. You can only make point-to-point call with audio and video. Adding another call/site to the conference will make the added site as audio participant only.

You would need to install a MS option key to activate the Multisite feature to host a videoconference consisting up to 4 sites including your site (3+1) with two way audio and video.

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

You can also refer to the data sheet of the endpoint in question, will give you an overview of the conferencing capabilities, reference the sections:

• Mulitpoint support
  • MulitSite features

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

This is normal when the video endpoint hosting the multisite call have no MS (Multisite) option installed. You can only make point-to-point call with audio and video. Adding another call/site to the conference will make the added site as audio participant only.

You would need to install a MS option key to activate the Multisite feature to host a videoconference consisting up to 4 sites including your site (3+1) with two way audio and video.

regards,

Acevirgil

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to what Acevirgil has mentioned, if you have any type of conference bridge such as an MCU or TelePresence Server, it could host the multi-point call.  If you don't have either of those or the need of a full scale conference bridge, than the cheaper route would be the multisite option key on the endpoint that you'd want to become the host of the these conferences.

Hi Acevirgil and Patrick,

Are there any documentation Cisco site that explain this? I need pass to my Customer the documentation?

Thanks,

Wilson

The "TC Endpoints Knowledge Base Articles" would be the one your're looking for.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/articles_doc/telepresence_endpoints_knowledge_base_articles.pdf

"329: Why can I only place point-to-point calls on my codec?" under p.14

regards,

Acevirgil

You can also refer to the data sheet of the endpoint in question, will give you an overview of the conferencing capabilities, reference the sections:

• Mulitpoint support
  • MulitSite features