Views
Helpful
Replies

Driver for PrecisionHD 1080p 4x

thobonho2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Does anyone know which driver I could install to use a PrecisionHD 1080p 4x as a webcam? Windows detects it as an USB video camera but I can't get the video stream from it. I know it's probably an unsupported feature, but maybe someone has a clue!?

Thanks!

13 Replies 13

kwallen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only details I can find for this is that the USB is slated as "for future use". Have you connected it via HDMI? Same results?

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

These cameras don't support video over the USB - you need to get it via the HDMI port on the camera (with a suitable HDMI capture device).  If you want PTZ control, then you'll need to use a serial connection and VISCA commands.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

There is no HDMI port on this camera, only USB.

I confirm it works on Windows10 unfortunately not on macOSX Big Sure.

Any solution and when ?

Thomas the 4X camera does have an HDMI out - take a look at page 7 of the camera guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/user_guide/precisionhd_1080p-720p_camera_user_guide.pdf

As for when any other functionality will come from this, I would not expect anything new. This camera was used primarily with the SX20 which has been obsolete for a while (end of sale was over a year ago). 

@Thomas75538 wrote:

There is no HDMI port on this camera, only USB.

Are you able to confirm the model of the camera then?   The PrecisionHD 1080p 4x camera (as linked in @Patrick McCarthy's post) has HDMI.  Perhaps you are referring to a different camera?   Perhaps the PrecisionHD USB Camera?  If it's one of those, they're now an end of support device too.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Yes I confirm my request was for https://www.cisco.com/c/fr_ca/support/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-precisionhd-usb-camera/model.html (ex Tandberg webcam device)

The device works perfectly on Windows (10) but not on MacOS (now MacOS Ventura) and unfortunately macam opensource driver is stoped since OS X 10.5 (Leopard): https://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/

Would be great if a solution could be found...

Sorry, don't own a MAC or the same wecam model.

There is a HDMI port, I've got one.

Hi,

It is working in linux with USB only.

Cool, thanks for reporting! I'll give a try.

Hi had an hard time to make it work, had to use "cameractrls" to control the camera.

hellofolks31
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, could you install you precisionhp 1080p 4x to your PC? I connected mine to PC through a HP docking station, using an adaptor DP/HDMI, but it's not dtected. The Cam light is red. I also have le codec. Any help? Thks

HP Docking station ports are usually for connection to a monitor or other output devices, not for input of a video signal - so you may need to re-think your connectivity.  That will get video from the camera in to your PC, but as per my response earlier in this thread, if you want PTZ control, then you'll need to use a serial connection and VISCA commands as well.   Adding all this additional equipment adds complexity and cost to the use of such an old camera - you are probably better off spending your money on a camera that is designed to be connected to a computer rather than one designed to be used and controlled via a Cisco codec.

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: