cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX70/80 and external SIP video calls

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

We have a BE6K running CUCM 10 and Collab Edge.  Our main conf room has an MX300.  We have a couple rich media licenses.

We are looking at the new DX70/80.  From what I understand they will work fine for video calling within our cluster.  But will they work with Collab Edge and external SIP video conferencing to a third party?  Do I just need to make sure I have enough rich media licenses? Anything else?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

As fas as I know they need (at the moment) a Anyconnect VPN if they are placed outside the company. Not able for MRA via Collaboration Edge.

B2B calls via Collaboration Edge will be no problem, as with any device from the CCM. Just make sure you have the sip destination pattern and the rich media license.

Chris

- Please rate helpful posts -

Any Telepresence Endpoint/Codec running TC7.0.1 or later firmware is enabled for MRA with Expressway.

Additionally, yes, you need the RMS licenses for your Expressway-Core and Edge to traverse the call for B2B calling as well as a SIP Dial-Plan in CUCM to send the calls to Expressway.

Source: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-1/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-1-1.pdf