cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 NTP issue

Omar Gamil
Level 1
Level 1

I have an NTP issue in DX80. When I choose Auto option, the NTP issue appears in diagnostics page.

When I choose manual option, the issue removed for a while and the time will be correct but after a while the issue appears again and the time would not synced.

Did someone face the same issue?

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What are your DX80s registered to?  VCS, CUCM, Standalone, other call control?

If registered to CUCM, then they shoud get their NTP references from the Date Time Group for the Device Pool assigned in the CUCM.

If registered to a VCS, or Standalone, is there some other sort of system managing the devices which may be overwriting your setting (like a TMS Template)?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Alexey Y
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
Check your CUCM NTP reference configuration. Your NTP reference should be Unicast. the default of broadcast will exhibit NTP problems as the VC units do not support it. (I've found this post which helped me with the same problem on DX/SX)
Also, if you need a quick fix/ workaround you could always set the NTP mode to "Manual" on the DX under "NetworkServices" tab and type the ntp server in the "Server Address" field.

Hi Omar
The solution is configure the next command in the pool of DHCP:

option 42 ip X.X.X.X (NTP SERVER)