Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 Registration Issue

Tried to configure DX80 in CUCM and getting the ERROR "SIP registration failed: 485 Ambiguous / Device type mismatch"

Thanks And Regards

Sajid Pasha Muhammad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sajid,

I suppose u are downgrading from CE to Android.

You can refer the DOC page 12 and 14

Convert a Cisco UCM registered DX device back to Android-based software

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce82/dx80-dx70-convert-between-CE-android-based-software.pdf

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Software Version is ce8.2.1

Hi Sajid,

Did u add DX80 as "Cisco Telepresence DX80"  in call Manager under Phone Type?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman ,

Yes, added the same.

Regards,

Sajid

Hi Sajid,

Are u able to access DX through GUI?

If yes, can u set "Provisioning Mode" as Off and enter "Proxy1 Address" as IP address of Call Manager.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I have given Mode as CUCM as we had the option

Regards,

Sajid

Hi Sajid,

Can u share show version active from CUCM?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman ,

Please find attached as requested. Thanks

Regards,

Sajid

Hi Sajid,

I was not able to find the CE firmware version which u are trying to upload.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman ,

The Load we have in our CUCM is sipdx80.10-2-4-46 and we would like to upload same to DX80 device through GUI, as at present device has ce8.2.1.e9daf06. Please suggest how can we do it ?

Regards,

Sajid

Dear Sajid,

Can you please clear your question what you want to do exactly ?

Have you done Andriod to CE migration of DX 80 ??? if no then follow below steps  

• First Upgrade to latest version of Android. ( I was doing with current firmware and it got failed to me . So first make sure you will upgrade to 10.2.5.212 or later)
  • Check cucm phone types  you should get options to add Cisco TelePresence DX70 and Cisco TelePresence DX80 . if you are not  getting these options update the device pack
  • Install the latest (Early July 2016) Devpack:
    CUCM 11.0.1:  cmterm-devicepack-11.0.1.22048-1.cop.sgn
    CUCM 10.5.2: cmterm-devicepack10.5.2.14076-1.cop.sgn
    CUCM 9.1.2: cmterm-devicepack9.1.2.16137-1.cop.sgn
  • Before migration  Install this cop file, cmterm-synergy-ce8_3_1_no_defaults.cop.sgn, on TFTP Servers  and restart the TFTP service
  • Access the Android based DX80 through cucm Phone page  and Enter the name of the CE software package in the Phone Load Name input field.
  • Click save and apply config  . it will take 10-20 minutes to upgrade from Android to CE don’t click on any manual option if you are using option 150 .
  • Now delete android based DX80 from cucm and add manually device type as a Cisco Telepresence DX80 .

Do you want to degrade CE to android ??? 

Hi Sushant ,

Thank you for answer. 

We degraded to Android from CE as our CUCM doesnt have CE supported patch . 

Regards,

Sajid

Hi Aman,

I have made the Provisioning Mode off and its giving the same . 

Now "Provisioning Mode" selected is CUCM as we had the option which connects call manager

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sajid, did you install the device pack on your CUCM server to add support for CE code DX's? See this site for instructions. 

https://ciscocollab.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/ce-8-2-code-on-the-dx70-and-dx80/

Hi Patrick ,

The Load we have in our CUCM is sipdx80.10-2-4-46 and we would like to upload same to DX80 device through GUI, as at present device has ce8.2.1.e9daf06. Please suggest how can we do it as i tried to upload sipdx80.10-2-4-46 but not successful