cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 stuck in the network setup wizard

david_sylvestre
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a new DX80. I entered IPv4 settings (address, gateway, subnet mask) and I can connect to the station from another device on the network. However, I cannot go past that Ethernet Settings screen because my DNS is blank. I see "The DNS Address cannot be resolved".  Whan I touch Apply, the following error shows up:

No network connection
We were unable to connect to the DNS server at IP:  . The server may be temporarily unavailable.

The station can receive calls, but cannot make any since it always go back to the setup wizard.

Is it possible to go past the network settings without inputting a DNS address?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK then - I have a solution. You said it is network accessible, right? Web into it, and turn off the startup wizard. Go to configuration, type "wizard" in the search box, and turn it off. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Just make something up - the field can't be blank. It doesn't have to be valid. 

I've always entered a public one (if the unit has internet access), 12.127.16.67 used to be good, haven't tried it in a while. It doesn't really matter though, you only need a valid address if you want DNS to work and you're not registered to a call control system. 

Thanks for the reply, but this doesn't work for me.
The unit doesn't have internet access. There's no DNS on the network. Other units on the same network (several models, including DX80 ) don't have DNS address configured.

OK then - I have a solution. You said it is network accessible, right? Web into it, and turn off the startup wizard. Go to configuration, type "wizard" in the search box, and turn it off.