cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

endpoint comptaibility with MPS 800

Alpesh Sarvaiya
Level 4
Level 4

I have an old Tandberg MPS 800 on which there are many registered end-points. I am looking for desktop end-point and i understand now that Cisco had discontinued E20. Against E20, Cisco is recommending 9900 phones. However, these are not compatible with the older Tandberg MCU. Do I have any other option for the cheaper end-point?

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco is also recommending the EX series (EX60 or EX90) for a replacement to the E20.  Both product lines are similar, just the EX line is alot larger than the compact E20 and doesn't contain a phone handset.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

9971 IP Phone support standard H.264 with SQCIF/QCIF/QVGA/SIF/CIF/VGA video resolution, therefore should works as video phone between MPS800, although might see less feature set compare to E20.

Of course you will need SIP trunk between VCS (MPS800 should register on VCS) and CUCM (where 9971 IP Phone managed) as neighbor SIP proxy server.

HI Alpesh.  99xx phones should work provided with the SIP trunk to VCS with MPS registered to VCS.  One thing to make sure of is that you have enough BW in the region where the phone resides and enough BW in the region the SIP trunk to the VCS resides so that you get enough BW to run video call as well.  Would also check the default call BW on VCS as well to make sure that the default is enough to run video as well. 

VR

Patrick

Alpesh Sarvaiya
Level 4
Level 4

this helps.

Thanks to Patrick and Tomonori.

I forgot to mention in my original post that customer doesn't have VCS however I guess this is the only option available.

Yes, VCS trunk with CUCM and MPS register on VCS is recommend and supported deployment method.

However you should able to add MPS on CUCM as 3rd party SIP devices and still should works (although there is few challenge if CUCM is not latest version and support BFCP protocol).