[ 0] [*** ] Determining install directory
[ 0] [**** ] Verifying copfile
[ 11] [***** ] Extracting copfile
Failed finding package to install

12 Replies 12

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Advisor VIP Advisor
VIP Advisor

If you are using the web interface to perform this upgrade there is an issue going from a pre CE9.8.2/CE9.9.1 version due to the file size.

As per the Release Notes, if you need to upgrade one of the older software releases, you will need to do a stepped upgrade to first upgrade to CE9.8.2/CE9.9.1 first (i'd suggest CE9.9.4 as an available version) before trying to go to CE9.10+.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne.
I'm having the same problem. A brand new (recently unboxed Webex Codec Pro) that we were unable to install last year because of the pandemic. It comes with version 9.7.1. The thing is that versions 9.8.X and 9.9.X are deferred and no longer available for download.

I have tried with versions 9.12.4 and 9.12.5 and it gives the "installation failed" error after processing the file.

Any chance to get deferred versions?

Thanks!

Regards,

Janower - according to the release notes, if you push the software upgrade from CUCM you won't have this problem - it's only when upgrading via the web GUI. Do you have that option? If so I'd try that. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce9/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce9.pdf