Views
Helpful
Replies

Error - Upgrade TMS 14.4.2

Anthony Accardi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade my TMS server from 14.2.1 to 14.4.2. To meet this goal, i created in a virtual machine a windows server 2008 R2 Standar with a SQL server 2012. I did made the back up of my database and migrated to my new Server with my new SQL server sucessfully. When try to install the new tms versión i get the error in the attachment.

I tryed to migrate without do the upgrade (from one server to another from 14.2.1 to 14.2.1) and the results are the same.

Can anybody help me with this issue?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What language is Windows running on the server?

I noticed the following which is Spanish "ERROR: La ruta de acceso especificada ya existe."

According to the install guide, the only supported languages the server operating system cab be is English, Japanese, or Chinese.

Something you could try is uninstall TMS, it won't affect your SQL database, and attempt a fresh install.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you checked the log files, what do the log files say?

C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\data\Logs\Install

Also, the most recent version of TMS is 14.6, have you considered upgrading to that version?

Yes i checked those files.

On the databaselog seems to be just fine.

On the install_log:

Installing IIS...
Installing IIS Components...
Installing IIS Components DONE
IIS installation complete.
Started SNMPTRAP successfully
Writing installation destination to registry
The database version 14.4.2 has been found on the server.
Upgrading database with SQL timeout 30 minutes
Alter Database tmsng SET ALLOW_SNAPSHOT_ISOLATION ON
Alter Database tmsng SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT OFF
Launched aspnet_regiis.exe -i
Creating virtual directory tms at C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwtms in site Default Web Site
Creating virtual directory tms/public at C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwtms\public in site Default Web Site
ERROR: La ruta de acceso especificada ya existe.
Creating virtual directory cdm at C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\cdm in site Default Web Site
Creating virtual directory pwx at C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\pwx in site Default Web Site
Creating virtual directory tmsagent at C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwprovisioning in site Default Web Site
Creating virtual directory tms/external at C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwtms\external in site Default Web Site
Creating virtual directory tms/auth at C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwtms\auth in site Default Web Site
Creating virtual directory tms/api at C:\Program Files (x86)\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwtms\api in site Default Web Site
Creating directories and setting permissions

Here the files!

Thanks for your help

What language is Windows running on the server?

I noticed the following which is Spanish "ERROR: La ruta de acceso especificada ya existe."

According to the install guide, the only supported languages the server operating system cab be is English, Japanese, or Chinese.

Something you could try is uninstall TMS, it won't affect your SQL database, and attempt a fresh install.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the support. The language is Spanish, Right now i am configuring a virtual machine with Windows 2008 R2 in english. I will let you know the results.

Another thing. Because the installation process terminates the installation, i cannot uninstall TMS. I tried reversing the VM to a previous state with a snapshot with the same results.

We keep in touch!