Views
Helpful
Replies

mcu to handle multisite calls

eaniefiok
Level 1
Level 1

hallo all

i tend to see an E164 number & alias names on my mcu and was wondering if i configure 

these credentials to the video kits and register the mcu to the VCSc this should allow for 

multisite functionality and call management from the MCU?  

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, registering the MCU to the VCS would achieve what you want.

I suggest you have a look at the Cisco TelePresence MCU Deployment Guide which details some of the configuration to do so.

Your endpoints will be able to dial conferences on the MCU, or with some further configuration will be able to use the Multiway functionality.

Note: Your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed than in the Video Over IP section you've posted in - I'd suggest, if the above hasn't answered your query, that you move your discussion over there.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appriopriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

thanks Wayne, 

also just noticed that the client's four endpoints are with public IP address, and they just acquired CE1k appliance {vcsc} and mcu4505.

my take was that since they want all four sites that are on public IP to communicate with the mcu/vcsc/endpoints, i was hoping to place the mcu on public and instead of placing the vcsc on private i will  place it on public since they are all on public, while the endpoints will be registering to the mcu which in turn register to the vcsc. 

will this actually work 

?

anie   

Hi Anie,

You don't register the endpoints to the MCU, all the devices (endpoints and MCU) register to the VCS.

When they all want to be in a multi-party call, they would call the address of the conference on the MCU from the endpoints.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.