Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX60 Firmware upgrade

I have an EX60 but have to upgrade the Firmware before I can get it added to my Network.

I have downloaded the upgrade but am unsure how to get it installed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Connecting it to your network for the few minutes it would take to upload the software would be much easier than the other methods, as they will require you to go through a tedious process of connecting to the endpoint manually via console cable.

You can upgrade the EX60 via a TFTP method using your computer, see upload-tftp-server-revision-2.  Another document that outlines the TFTP method is troubleshooting-ex-series-mx-series-sx-and-c-series-codecs starting on pg 128.  You'll need connect to the EX60 using a special serial cable, below are two methods of making such a cable.

ex90-making-console-cable-and-consoling

ex90-make-console-cable-using-ca42-usb-data-cable.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Feedback forum is dedicated to other topic, see description for details. I moved your question to more appropriate community.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To upgrade the EX60, follow the directions in the "Upgrading the system software" section of the EX Admin Guide for the software version it's currently running.  You'll need to add it to the network to perform the upgrade, although if that is not possible, there are other methods, but adding it to the network is the easiest.

If the current software version is TC6.1 or later, you do not require a release key.  However if the EX60 is running anything prior to TC6.1, you'll require a release key and will need to obtain one prior to upgrading.  The EX60 must have an active support contract to get a release key, and can be requested from the CIsco Licensing Portal > Get Other Licenses > TelePresence License to Resend.  If you don't have an active support contract, there are ways to get a release key using Security Advisories if need be.

Okay,

We have version 6.0.0.826, We do have a contract so I will try to get the release keys, They will not let me add them to the Network without the Firmware upgrade 1st. So given that how can I upgrade it without having it on the Network ?

Connecting it to your network for the few minutes it would take to upload the software would be much easier than the other methods, as they will require you to go through a tedious process of connecting to the endpoint manually via console cable.

You can upgrade the EX60 via a TFTP method using your computer, see upload-tftp-server-revision-2.  Another document that outlines the TFTP method is troubleshooting-ex-series-mx-series-sx-and-c-series-codecs starting on pg 128.  You'll need connect to the EX60 using a special serial cable, below are two methods of making such a cable.

ex90-making-console-cable-and-consoling

ex90-make-console-cable-using-ca42-usb-data-cable.

success,

After advising them of the modes to upgrade available to me, I was able to convince them to add me with the understanding that I would secure the system and upgrade firmware immediately.

Thank You

Good to hear you were able to talk them into adding it to the network long enough to do the upgrade. I hope they realized it wasn't such a big deal since you were willing and ready to do the upgrade as soon as you had access to it through the web interface. 

If you're unable to connect it to the network to upgrade it (for the 10 minutes that'll take) then you could upgrade it by assigning it, and your PC/Laptop static IP addresses and connecting them directly together.  This would allow you to get to the web interface to perform the upgrade that way without the need for the console cable [@patrick.sparkman]  mentioned.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate,

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.