cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 failed upgrade from 5.1.3 to 7.1.2

MikHalifax
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 EX90's and in an attempt to make them safe from shellshock I have been working on upgrading their system software.  The first one updated with no issues.  The 2nd one however, will not update to 7.1.2.  It will get to the point of applying tasks on the and then upon reboot reports that the update failed.

I have tried resetting the device to factory defaults, still nothing.

Looking through the log files I can't see anything out of the ordinary, but I also don't really know what I should be looking for.  I'd be glad to send any log files that would help diagnose this.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

David Hasfurter
Level 1
Level 1

Did you try to install a version of 6.x then try another upgrade to 7.1.2? If you are able to get to the logs I assume you can try a downgrade.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try updating it with the touch panel disconnected.  I've seen this work on a few EX90s.  (The Touch will upgrade itself once it's reconnected following the upgrade).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.