Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 option keys

kfekete
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I have an EX90 unit with TC6.3.0 installed. I tried to install several option keys (see below):

xcommand systemunit optionkey add key:1N000-1-03D4D119
*r OptionKeyResult (status=Error):
** end

OK
xcommand systemunit optionkey add key: 1M003-1-B2C803B2
*r OptionKeyResult (status=OK):
** end

OK
xcommand systemunit optionkey add key: 1R000-1-B93BAD1C
*r OptionKeyResult (status=OK):
** end

OK
xcommand systemunit optionkey add key: 1P010-1-077132C3
*r OptionKeyResult (status=Error):
** end

But unfortunately there is something wrong installing the NPP and the product keys.

I've heard that the EX90 comes with the NPP pre-installed, is this true, so there is no need to install NPP option key?

My second question is regarding to the product key. Do you have any idea why is this failed when tried to install?

Thanks in advance, and best regards!

KrisztiƔn

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You don't actually need to add the NPP key to the EX90, it's there by default even though it doesn't show as an installed key.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for your prompt answer!

Unfortunately the product key issue is still open.

Maybe it is similar to the NPP, like it's already there, and it doesn't show as an installed key? What do you think?

Krisztian

Sorry for that, I didn't see the product key errored as well on my quick read of your post last night.

The Product Key doesn't need to be entered on to the EX90 device, or from what I have seen, any TC software based codec - this seems to be a bit of a leftover from the old Tandberg product days.

The important ones on the EX90 are:

ā€¢ The Premium Resolution Key (1Rxxx) - for your high-res transmission

ā€¢ The Multisite Key (1Mxxx)- For calliung multiple participants simultaneously

ā€¢ The Dual Display Key (1Dxxx) - To use multiple screens (which you don't seem to have purchased/listed)

Then, as mentioned, in my previous post the Natural Presenter Key (1Nxxx) is automagically included on the EX90.

And of course, you'll need:

ā€¢ The Release Key - you won't be able to use your unit without this

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

If you're looking for more detail on the TC Option keys, there's a document in the Documents section of the forums:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-36583

Cheers

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your quesion as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Krisztian Fekete wrote:

Thanks for your prompt answer!

Unfortunately the product key issue is still open.

Maybe it is similar to the NPP, like it's already there, and it doesn't show as an installed key? What do you think?

Krisztian

The product key doesn't need to be entered for an EX90.  The product key is used to tell a system it is a particular type of system.  For instance, if a codec were part of an integrated system like the older profile systems, the product key was used to make the codec report itself as a 'Profile 52' instead of just a regular C90 integrator codec, etc. 

kfekete
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you very much for the answers, highly appreciated!

KrisztiƔn