cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 Provisioning wizard

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

ON the EX90s, when I select the Cisco VCS as teh Infrastructure option, it prompts me for

Username

Password

Domain

and

External Manager.

What username and password is this trying to authenticate against? Where is this configured? IS this done in TMS? I tried creating configuration options in TMS similiar to those I'd create for Jabber, but the EX90 doesn't ever pull a config.

I can simply add the VCS-Expressway as the SIP proxy to the EX90 configuration and it will register and place and receive calls just fine, but I'm trying to get the device to actually authenticate.

I've looked at the Device provisoning guide and the authenticating devices guide, and this topic does not seem to be addressed. Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions they can share?

thanks, in advance,

rf

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The account details under System > Provisioning > Users

We set the following settings at present, but this would be deployment specific depending on how you want to work things - not a recommendation of the best way to do things, as it probably isn't but it works for our small office:

Conference AutoAnswer ModeOff
Conference DefaultCall ProtocolSip
H323 Profile Authentication LoginName
H323 Profile Authentication ModeOn
H323 Profile Authentication Password
H323 Profile CallSetup ModeGatekeeper
H323 Profile Gatekeeper Address
H323 Profile H323Alias ID{username}.ex90@
NetworkServices MultiWay Address{username}.meetme@ (we have a conductor that picks these calls up)
NetworkServices NTP Address
Phonebook Server TypeVCS
Phonebook Server URLphonebook@
Provisioning ExternalManager Address

Provisioning ExternalManager Domain
Provisioning ModeVCS
Public SIP Server Address
SIP Profile DefaultTransportTls
SIP Profile OutboundOff
SIP Server Address
Time ZoneGMT (Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

This would be the username and password that the user has datafilled in TMS for their provisioning account - should be the same username as Jabber uses but passwords could be different if jabber is doing AD authentication.

You'd also need to add the EX90 provisioning template (xml file) to TMS and create provisioning settings.

Thanks Guy,

The EX90 TC5.1.1 provisoning template has been uploaded. Do you have some recomended provisoning settings?

Also, is it trying to use the username and password created in the user account section or the provisoning username and password?

thx,

rf

The account details under System > Provisioning > Users

We set the following settings at present, but this would be deployment specific depending on how you want to work things - not a recommendation of the best way to do things, as it probably isn't but it works for our small office:

Conference AutoAnswer ModeOff
Conference DefaultCall ProtocolSip
H323 Profile Authentication LoginName
H323 Profile Authentication ModeOn
H323 Profile Authentication Password
H323 Profile CallSetup ModeGatekeeper
H323 Profile Gatekeeper Address
H323 Profile H323Alias ID{username}.ex90@
NetworkServices MultiWay Address{username}.meetme@ (we have a conductor that picks these calls up)
NetworkServices NTP Address
Phonebook Server TypeVCS
Phonebook Server URLphonebook@
Provisioning ExternalManager Address

Provisioning ExternalManager Domain
Provisioning ModeVCS
Public SIP Server Address
SIP Profile DefaultTransportTls
SIP Profile OutboundOff
SIP Server Address
Time ZoneGMT (Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London)