Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway back restore after upgrade

ciscoictsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

So I have recently upgraded Expressways from version 8.x to 12.5.  I took backups before the upgrade. While trying to fix an issue with Jabber guest server I ran into certificate issues (I uploaded wrong certificate by mistake on the wrong server.) Can I restore the old backup on version 12.5 even though the backup was taking on version 8.x?

Your contributions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

No, the backup of expressways can be restore only on software version on which you have taken backup.

So, you need to downgrade to x8.x first and then restore the backup and then upgrade again.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful....

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

No, the backup of expressways can be restore only on software version on which you have taken backup.

So, you need to downgrade to x8.x first and then restore the backup and then upgrade again.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful....

Thanks

Hi Anurag,

Thank you for the response.  I will have to do the downgrade as advised.  Can you please send me a downgrade procedure Link?

Also, can you tell me if the backup contains certificates and configurations?  As I am currently having issues with Certificate conflict which was working fine before the upgrade.

Looking forward to hear from you.

You should be able to switch it back to the previous software load and configuration using the selectsw command via the CLI.

Failing that, you should be able to "upgrade" it back to the old software version using the same process you used in the first place, but using the old software load .tar.gz file instead of the new one.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello,

The procedure is same for both upgrade and downgrade, you just need to choose X8.x software.

And yes backup contains both certs and configuration files.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...

Thanks