cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway x8.9 licensing

brian.stokholm
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that currently has Expressway C/E deployed for MRA.  I have questions related to two of the licensing changes that have been introduced in x8.8/8.9.

• Currently they have an equal number of RMS licenses on both the C and the E servers to support their B2B calls.  Now that x8.8/8.9 has been released, the documentation states that only a single RMS license is required on the Exp E for each B2B call.  Can the customer migrate their licenses from the Exp C server to the Exp E and in effect double their capacity for simultaneous B2B calls?  What is the process for doing this?
  • They are also planning to take advantage of the H.323 GK capabilities of the Exp C in the x8.9 release to support some existing Polycom endpoints until they can migrate them to Cisco endpoints registered to their CUCM.  They will purchase the CUCM TelePresence Room System License that will be applied to the Exp C platform.  When they are ready to migrate to the CUCM with new endpoints, will they be able to move the licenses to the CUCM/PLM at no additional cost?  What is the process for doing this?

Thanks for the help,

Brian

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't know the answers, but you should contact licensing@cisco.com and/or your Account Manager, one of them should be able to help get the answers you need.