Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension@CUCM_IP for B2B calls via Expressway-C and E

VCsupport17
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Community,

I need your expertise and some advises. We have deployed video endpoints and registered to CUCM and have SIP address in 7xxx@CUCM_IP format. We need to dial out video endpoints outside our network as well as receiving calls from external (B2B). We have Expressway-C and E and already configured. SIP trunk between CUCM and Expressway-C is active. Traversal Zone also active for SIP and H323 connections.

Could you guide me what the next procedures on how to enable B2B calling from endpoints registered to CUCM with 7xxx@CUCM_IP addresses to be routed to the SIP trunk going to Expressway-C to E then hitting the endpoints located outside. And also how this external endpoints can reach these endpoints inside the network. How they will dial?

How would the Expressway-C translate the 7xxx@CUCM_IP source to its destination. Do it need to strip the domain portion and replace it with a SIP domain?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Why not dial using a domain instead of IP address?  It's highly recommended to dial via a domain, it's also mentioned in the Expressway and CUCM via SIP Trunk Deployment Guide (CUCM 8,9,10,11 and X8.7) on how to setup your CUCM and Expressway for B2B calling.

Hi Partick, thanks for response. 

To give you an overview. 

IP address of CUCM = 10.10.1.100

Video endpoint address registered on CUCM = 7001@10.10.1.100

Expressway-C configured domain = company.com

Internal calls works fine. Endpoints just dial extension 7xxx without domain portion.

If i will call external endpoint and should go via Expressways, the domain portion which is the CUCM IP address should be converted to a SIP domain configured on Expressway-C right? So the 7001@10.10.1.100 will become 7001@company.com as source address. Then if the external endpoint can call me back using same address.

I think on the guide you provide under page 19 "Creating a Transform that Converts number@ to number@exp.domain" is the procedure i will take.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Hi,

It's possible to configure domain for CUCM as well so your source address will display number@domain instead of IP Address.

Please create a sip route pattern in your CUCM for domain routing and point to the trunk to Exp-C. This will help you to route the SIP URI call to Exp-C and internet.

Pattern format: *.*.* and *.*

Ensure you have vcs-interop script configured on your SIP Trunk to EXP-C.

BR,

Nikhil Jayan